What are the differences between Invisalign and Damon braces?
There are many differences between Damon braces and Invisalign, including:
- Damon braces are fixed, while Invisalign aligners are removable
- Invisalign treatment involves wearing a series of aligners, while the Damon system uses a fixed brace
- Damon braces are not invisible (although you can choose to use the virtually invisible Damon Clear), while Invisalign aligners are of a more discreet nature
- Damon braces work 24 hours a day, while Invisalign aligners only have to be worn for between 20 and 22 hours per day
What are the benefits of Damon braces?
Damon braces have numerous benefits, including:
- increased comfort thanks to self-ligating technology
- suitable for complex orthodontic problems
- faster treatment time
- lower chance of relapse
- improved facial aesthetics
- does not affect speech
- cheaper than Invisalign
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign is a very popular treatment for the following reasons:
- practically invisible to other people
- can treat a range of orthodontic problems
- able to be removed should you be attending an important event
- oral hygiene can be easily maintained for both your teeth and the aligners
How do you choose what treatment to go for?
Choosing the right orthodontic treatment is very important because it will have an impact on many aspects of your life, including your confidence and self-esteem, as well as your physical appearance. However, the right choice for you will not necessarily be the same for someone else.
With so many treatments on the market, all claiming to be the best treatment around, the decision can be very difficult, but your dentist will be able to help you choose the ideal treatment based on your individual orthodontic prescription and the look you want to achieve. Take time to ask your dentist questions about the different treatments and to discuss your goals, so that they know what kind of finished result you would like.
In some cases, your dentist will be able to rule out certain treatment straight away and advise another one. For example, if you have complex problems and you want an invisible brace, your dentist may recommend Damon Clear over Invisalign because it is able to treat more complex cases and is still relatively discreet.